Non-surgical cosmetic treatments are extremely popular for adult women and men. When it comes to injectables like facial fillers or a Santa Monica Botox face lift, these safe and effective treatments can dramatically transform the facial contours and allow you to appear naturally youthful and refreshed.
Injectables like fillers and wrinkle relaxers only take a few minutes to have done, but you want to avoid any unnecessary bruising or swelling at the injection site(s). At Westside Face, we highly recommend that you read the following do’s and don’ts before and after injectable treatments:
- Do not take over-the-counter, blood-thinning medications like Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen and Aleve for one week before getting non surgical dermal fillers Santa Monica.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours prior.
- Do not take Vitamin E or herbal supplements like St. John’s Wort, Gingko Biloba, ginseng, primrose oil or garlic for one week before.
- Do not wax, bleach, use hair removal cream or tweeze the facial area to be treated two days before having Botox or cheek fillers to lift face in Santa Monica.
- Do not apply topical, anti-aging products like Retin-A (tretinoin), Retinol, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid for 2 days before getting injections.
- Do not get dermal fillers if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. Please inform us if you’re allergic to any ingredients or if you have a neurological condition.
- Do not be afraid to ask us questions prior to the treatment. We want our clients to be informed and feel comfortable.
- Do start taking Arnica before having injections because this herb (approved) can lessen bruising and/or swelling.
- Do arrive at our Santa Monica plastic surgery office with a clean face and without makeup.
Within the first hour, apply an ice pack to the treated areas, and apply Arnica topically.
Do take acetaminophen (Tylenol) to reduce pain as necessary.
Do not start touching your face. It’s common to feel itchy, but refrain from picking at your face or massaging it.
Six to Ten Hours Post-Treatment
Do not drink alcohol or do strenuous exercise that can cause bruising.
Do not sunbathe, tan, use the saunas or hot tub, and avoid hot wax.
You can apply an ice pack and take Arnica in supplement form.
Do take an antihistamine to alleviate any swelling, Benadryl at nighttime and Claritin/Zyrtec at daytime.