Learn More About a Mini Face Lift Los Angeles
Deciding to get a facelift is a very personal decision. Therefore even for the professionals in cosmetic surgery, it can be hard to advise their patients when to get it. Since everyone is different, the timeframe for their facelift is determined by how fast or how slow they age. There is no set age at which you should get a mini or full facelift.
Before you consider getting a facelift, a facial plastic surgeon with years of experience doing different facial procedures has to conduct an assessment on you. It is also important to find a surgeon who is reputable and double board-certified in Los Angeles facial cosmetic surgery. You will receive better results if you have a surgeon that has done a lot of facelifts, unlike if it were performed by an inexperienced medical professional. The surgeon will know which procedure will fit you better and meet your goals.
The Best Candidates for a Facelift
If you are considering getting facial cosmetic surgery, it is normal to wonder what age is appropriate for getting the procedure done. Often, people in their 40s get the best results, although that’s not the standard age. Circumstances that are unique to your face will determine the appropriate age for you. Nonetheless, people in their 40s, 50s, and 60s are perfect candidates for facelift surgery.
However, if you notice you have some signs of aging on your face and you are in good standing health, you can be a candidate too. Instead of focusing more on what age you should get a facelift, look out for the following signs of aging. These indicators will help you know when you can get a facelift:
- Extensive lines around the corners of your mouth and nose
- Wrinkles developing beneath your eyes
- Deteriorating jawline definition caused by jowls
- Unwanted increase of fat deposits around your neck
Suitable Age for a Mini Facelift
A mini face lift for jowls in Los Angeles is mostly the best treatment for individuals between 30 and 40 years old. The procedure is not as invasive as a full facelift. If you have early signs of aging, such as jowls, it’s easy to get jowls treatment.
Most plastic surgeons agree that a mini face lift also efficiently treats early signs of aging. The results, however, will be limited compared to those expected from a full facelift. If you have ensured a minimal loss of elasticity in your skin as well as minimal loss of fatty tissue, you may be a suitable candidate for one. Many people find getting a mini facelift in their 30s and 40s to be very beneficial as they are still in their younger years. It doesn’t matter if you are aiming for getting rid of jowls, or if you are trying to eliminate any other sagging skin.
Nonetheless, the mini facelift is not only limited to people in that age group. Some people might experience very intense signs of aging while they’re in their late 20s. Such people can also go on ahead and get a mini facelift done to help improve their appearance.
Mini Facelift Benefits
A mini facelift is an excellent choice for people who don’t want to do a perfectly balanced procedure between non-invasive and traditional facelift procedures. It is effective in dealing with different signs of aging. You, however, do not go through the discomfort and other inconveniences linked to a full facelift. The following are some of the benefits of a mini-facelift:
- You get quicker recovery since it won’t deal with a big area like a full facelift. The mini facelift will only deal with SMAS (superficial musculoaponeurotic system), the layer of tissues that’s directly beneath your skin. It creates a natural lift since it lifts the deeper structures of your face.
- With a mini facelift, there will be no general anesthesia. This is something that most people don’t like. Many people fear the idea of being completely unconscious during surgery. It takes a long time to recover from it, and you will need a ride to take you to the surgeon’s office and take you home as well.
- When you get a qualified cosmetic surgeon to do the mini facelift on you, you will achieve great results. It will work out well for you, especially if you have moderate signs of facial aging. If you have mild skin laxity, a diminished jawline definition, or even wrinkles on your lower face, you will see a drastic improvement.
Suitable Age for a Full Facelift
According to research done by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, people who are a bit younger are more likely to get the best results if they do a full facelift. It is a better choice because it often gives more dramatic results that last longer. Those great results mostly work for those who decide to get the procedure done before they are 50 years old. The findings from the research done by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons were published in the organization’s official medical journal.
The study examined patients who were younger than 50 years old, between 50 and 60 years old, plus those who were over 60 years old when they underwent facelift surgery. It was proven that people who got the facelift surgery done at a younger age were more satisfied with the results they achieved. The results were observed when they went for their short-term and long-term follow-up appointments as well. Most patients who were significantly below the age of 50 had a higher rate of being satisfied than older patients.
Even if you have passed the target age for a facelift, you should schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon at Westside Face. We can discuss the possible anti-aging procedures that will deliver you the best and most natural-looking results.